DISCLAIMER: I consider myself a PC enthusiast so my opinion about mining is one-sided. And yes, I’m angry.
I wanted to build a new rig… WANTED. As GPU prices hit new records I’m no longer able to buy a new PC. And the sole reason is? MINERS.
Reason of the price jump
I don’t really understand people caring and spending so much about… well, what… mathematical formulas? And worst part is they are not currencies anymore because they are investments. The number of altcoins slowly but steadily will reach the number of the stars on the night sky. This situation is a complete joke except nobody laughing.
So until the craze is over I will be stuck with my over-six-year-old hardware (so no GPU passthrough). Good job miners, good job stupidity.
- Recommendations on Youtube – Why are you doing this? - 2018-03-11
- Recommendation: Yuri Kuma Arashi - 2018-02-27
- FreeBSD – no more hugs for you! - 2018-02-17
- Why I don’t need a Coffee Lake CPU - 2018-02-10
- A PC enthusiast honest opinion about mining - 2018-02-08
- Picture of the day – 2018-02-06 - 2018-02-06
- Worth to check out – 2018-02-03 - 2018-02-03
- Because Linux… - 2018-01-22
- Worth to check out – 2018-01-16 - 2018-01-16
- Picture of the day – 2018-01-14 - 2018-01-14