What the heck! FreeBSD banned virtual hugging… that’s kinda stupid but in the mean time it’s funny.Read More
FAIL tagged posts
Let me state this… I think the author of this video is right. But I have many problems with the means in order to reach the maximum performance. And why the heck Intel uses sh*tty thermal paste between the IHS and the die for an overclockable CPU? But I digress…
In order to get your overclockable Coffee Lake CPU to perform much better than Ryzen, you have to:
- buy a delid tool
- delid your CPU
- risk to rekt your CPU
- void your warranty
- buy liquid metal thermal compound
- apply the compound and reseal the CPU
- buy or have a beefy cooler (like a Cryorig R1 or Noctua NH-D14/15)
- have a high-end motherboard
Well, that’s quite a bit demand (read: unreasonable) for a performance boost.Read More
Let’s summarize what he said:
- So they are into data center stuff… that’s great.
- We are screwed up but the others too so that’s okay. Derp!
- We will do some damage control that slows down your CPU but not that much… Hurr!
- We are the next-gen recording miracle.
- We will follow the greatest trend after RGB everything… THE VR THINGY!
- Oh… neural networking that’s cool stuff.
- Quantum supremancy from a company that couldn’t make a decent GPU and now using their competitor’s solution… again great.
- Hidden cameras on the car are impressive.
- The Trolocopter…
- And finally a small indoor-capable drone. That’s decent.